Professional Development Center for Educators
You can not teach another human being anything. You can only create opportunities for others to learn.
- Planning for instruction that unveils conceptual and procedural ways of knowing
- Instructional practices that shift responsibility for mathematical thinking from teachers to students
- Data analysis to inform decisions about work in classrooms and professional learning communities
Our experienced team incorporates principles of adult learning theory to coach educational leaders to implement evidence-based practices in mathematics. When schools and districts partner with us, they receive comprehensive support catered to their specific goals. We can support educators in many ways including:
- Professional learning and coaching support about evidence-based practices in mathematics
- Implementing instructional strategies that promote student discussion
- Using assessment strategies to identify student understanding and guide instruction
- Supporting the use of educational technologies in mathematics
- Support for principals observing and providing feedback about mathematics instruction
- Design and implementation support for response to intervention (RtI) initiatives
- Supporting schools to address issues of equity and access directly
Brandywine school and district administrators engage with Paul Gorski about equity issues and funded by a DEDOE MSP grant.
Our professional learning opportunities are engaging and collaborative.
Our Foundations of College Math partnership with DEDOE supports teachers to help their students make the transition from high school to college.
Our team works to support teachers of all experience levels to meet their own professional goals. We take a hands-on approach to solving relevant problems of practice with our partners. Our extensive classroom experience at all grade levels allows us to cater to the needs of the districts, schools, and individuals. We can help you engage students in meaningful mathematical learning opportunities through co-planning, observations, and co-teaching.