Professional Development Center for Educators
Our mission is to facilitate ongoing professional learning opportunities for educators that maximize student learning opportunities through the use of evidence-based practices.
To accomplish this, we
- Facilitate evidence-based professional learning services and provide ongoing support to schools and districts.
- Provide customized, capacity-building services by taking an active role in planning, implementing, and/or monitoring instructional improvement initiatives.
- Design, conduct, and disseminate research on contemporary educational issues that impact student learning and educator practice.
- Participate in policy initiatives within state and national organizations.
We provide high-quality professional learning experiences for educators in the state of Delaware and serve as a model for the nation.
Our goal is to positively impact schools by:
- Providing customized, capacity-building services in planning, implementing, and monitoring instructional improvement initiatives.
- Providing research-based professional learning services and ongoing support in core content areas of literacy, math, science, and social studies.
- Working collaboratively on research and policy initiatives in state and national organizations.
The PDCE does not deliver one-size-fits-all training for educators. We partner with schools and districts to provide customized professional learning and support. When you partner with PDCE, you can expect that we will:
- meet with you to discuss your goals;
- help you to assess your capacity for growth and change;
- develop a comprehensive plan for professional learning that meets your needs;
- facilitate professional learning for large groups, small groups, and individual teachers based on your goals;
- regularly communicate with you about our progress